Content

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Iniciación: The latest Release by Daniel "Tatita" Marquez "Candombe Jazz"!!





Habana/Harlem® announces the iTunes release of the latest recording by Uruguayan percussionist and composer Daniel "Tatita" Marquez. Thank you!! to our distribution partners at Oreja Media Group for distributing this exceptional work and supporting all the artists in our catalog. Read about Candombe Jazz and this very important release from "Tatitas" own words in the project description below. Go to iTunes and get yours now!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/iniciacion/id899426000

SPANISH

Iniciación” es el séptimo material discográfico que realizo y marca un momento significativo en mi vida. Luego de 12 años de práctica espiritual tomo iniciación con mi Guru Gunagrahi Das Goswami. A partir de mi iniciación recibo un nombre devocional designado por mi maestro espiritual. El nombre que recibo es “Gauranga Das” que significa una de las reencarnaciones de Krsna.

Paralelamente también se produce otra iniciación en mi carrera artística en la ciudad de New York, con mi proyecto “Candombe Jazz” y a lo largo del 2013 realicé varios conciertos, workshops, clases magistrales y entrevistas. Generando con éstas actividades un desconocido movimiento musical hasta el momento, el Candombe Jazz. Todo esto transcurre en la ciudad de New York unas de la ciudades más grande e inspiradoras de la música

ENGLISH

Inicicación is my seventh release, a significant landmark in my life. After 12 years of spiritual practice I began my initiation with my Guru Gunagrahi Das Goswami. At the time of my initiation I took a devotional name designated for me by my spiritual guide and teacher. The name I was given was "Guaranga Das", which is one of the incarnations of Krsna.

Parallel to this initiation is that of my career as an artist in New York City, with my "Candombe Jazz" project and throughout 2013 I had several concerts, workshops, master classes and interviews. These efforts helped raise awareness for the, as yet unknown, "Candombe Jazz" movement. All of this transpired in New York City, one of the greatest, and most musically inspiring cities.


Iniciacion by Daniel " Tatita" Marquez

No comments:

Post a Comment